Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Peanut Butter and Honey Granola


Have I mentioned next week is Spring Break? If I haven't, next week is definitely Spring Break, and my wife and I will definitely be in New York all week! I've been twice, but this will be Ashlynn's first time going... and we couldn't be more excited. I can't wait for her to see everything. She's only been out of the south once, and that was when I took her to Vegas for her 21st birthday... good times!

Anyways, I obviously won't have a kitchen in my hotel room, but I have plans to blog at least every other day about the restaurants we visit. We have several "off the beaten path" restaurants we plan on trying, and I can't wait to share them with you! It's going to be a blast. We can't wait!

I decided I wanted to fix us a healthy snack for our flight... something easy to carry, and that wouldn't spoil. I found Elvis Granola on Eat Live Run, and decided to give it a shot. I adapted the recipe slightly... only because I didn't have all the ingredients, and I cooked this at 11:00pm... after Whole Foods was closed.


If the aroma doesn't take your breathe away, the taste surely will! It's the perfect blend of sweet and salty... and so peanut buttery... it will make your mouth water. Anything with peanut butter makes my mouth water.

Here's a slight disclaimer... completely disregard the note above about coconut oil, and cacao nibs... I left that out... I'm sticking to my roots.

I hope you like it!

Peanut Butter and Honey Granola
*adapted from Jenna at Eat Live Run

1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups old fashioned oats

Preheat oven to 275*

On the stove, bring the oil, honey, peanut butter, salt and cinnamon to a simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes.

Next, combine the mixture with the oats thoroughly, and spread them out on a sheet pan, and bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment