Friday, March 2, 2012

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer


It's going to be one of those days... and I'd like to take a minute to thank God that Spring Break has begun, and I don't have to walk in this mess to class!

There's something about thunderstorms that makes me even more like an old man than I already am. When it's raining, all I want is to stay home... preferably planted on my couch, only moving to search for food. I've always been like that. I love rain and thunderstorms, but only if I'm home and don't have to go anywhere.


There's something comforting about staying home when its pouring outside. And what makes the experience even better?? The perfect cup of coffee. I have to say... my wife makes the BEST coffee. I'm picky about it-- I don't want it too strong, and I don't want it too weak, and she fixes it perfectly. And what better to go along with the perfect cup of coffee than the perfect coffee creamer. Homemade coffee creamer knocks all the other creamers out of the water. There's a richness to it you don't get otherwise. Plus, most coffee creamers these days are loaded with hydrogenated fats... and we don't want that. We want the real deal.


This coffee creamer will definitely warm up you on a rainy day! I hope you like it!

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

1 cup whole milk (you can also substitute skim or almond milk)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Bring all ingredients except vanilla to a simmer over medium heat. Once it begins to simmer, remove from heat, and add the vanilla extract.

**Here's the dealio (for really tho) on this recipe. In order for this to take your breathe away, you really need pure maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract... I'm talking... the good stuff. You can substitute others, but the flavor won't be as potent.

No comments:

Post a Comment